Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get Content IDs given a field ID, level ID, and application ID?

archeruser
Contributor II

I am trying to get a list of all of the Authorization Packages. The authorization package application has ID of 513 and I am able to get the definition of a field I would like to get the values of:

api/core/system/fielddefinition/application/513?$filter=Name eq 'Authorization Package Name'
Id => 20657
LevelId => 311
Type => 1

However, I can't seem to figure out how to get Content IDs to be able to list all of the authorization package names. Once I have that, I know I can do a call to api/core/content/fieldcontent to get the actual contents.

So, how can I get Content IDs given a field ID, level ID, and application ID?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

Dennis, you're talking about to different things here.  The api/core/system/fielddefinition/application/*application id* just returns the field definitions for the giving application not the content.

If you looking to get all the content for the application you can either use the Web Services APIs, the REST APIs do not support searching yet   Or use the Content APIs (RSA Archer 6.5 Content API Reference Guide )

Advisory Consultant

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

Dennis, you're talking about to different things here.  The api/core/system/fielddefinition/application/*application id* just returns the field definitions for the giving application not the content.

If you looking to get all the content for the application you can either use the Web Services APIs, the REST APIs do not support searching yet   Or use the Content APIs (RSA Archer 6.5 Content API Reference Guide )

Advisory Consultant

archeruser
Contributor II

Thank you, David! It's good to know that was a dead end and I will look at the Content API to solve my case.

On a side note, it seems a bit crazy to me that it is possible to update the contents given the required IDs and find some of the IDs and read some of the contents, but not be able to find all the required IDs or read all data using one API.