Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access role for get all applications (metadata)

lokeshkumar449
Contributor III

Hi, i want to use get all applications API: api/core/system/application

i want to get the least access role (if any inbuilt) that needs to be added to the account to have access to all applications metadata.

i don't want to use system administrator.

is there any inbuilt role which i can use so no need of any custom role which has read access to all applications meta data.

5 REPLIES 5

Ilya_Khen
Champion III

LokeshKumar polamarasetty,

I think you still have to create custom role, cause except sysadmin, when you add new ODA, all other roles would need to be changed manually.

For the OOB apps, you can maybe use Default Administrator role.

Dell Customer Communication - Confidential

Yes, you can't do this without a custom role. In Manage Access Rule, there are several Administration Solutions and Page Types. You'll have to experiment to lock a user down to just what you want them to see.

lokeshkumar449
Contributor III

Thank you Ilya Khen and David Freeman

i too only find custom role as solution that i am using as of today, was just thinking to see if we can have a global reader role in 2 ways.

1. for application metadata 

for application metadata like access control administrator(which does'nt have today) where this account should have read access to all the applications.

when i say metadata i mean fields info for that application.

2. for content

for content i believe this read only for all will be violation of access if there are any record permission and several ways to            not allow users to even read.

BodieMinster
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

The minimum permission required in order to see the metadata for an application through the API call you are using is Read access to the Content Record page for that application. For this reason, you will need to set up a custom role, as the only out of box role that has these permissions for every application is the sysadmin role.

thank you for the answer.