Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty session token error while home page of application being accessed

Sanjay_a
Contributor II

When users are trying to login to Archer UI, in Browser network we are seeing below error:

HTTP/1.1 401 Empty session token in the header. 

This error is occurring for request /api/internal/Permission/GetModuleRecordAccess 

When checked the cookies and request header we can clearly see that ArcherSessionCookie is being passed. So confused why this error is coming up.

This causes home page in perpetual loading state. Can someone please help?

@BodieMinster@DavidPetty 

6 REPLIES 6

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

@Sanjay_a what's your authentication into Archer?

Advisory Consultant

Hi, we are using fedsso, single sign on for authentication. Please note this is happening only for subset of users and this is happening only for chrome broswer. We are not seeing 401 error in Edge browser and UI loads just fine in Edge. 

Sounds like Chrome isn't passing the sso credentials properly to Archer once authenticated by fedsso.

Advisory Consultant

But we are seeing archer session being created after login and part of session cookie. Which tells us that fedsso has authentifated user and session is passed to archer. Also  it is not happening for all users even though chrome version is same. Anything thoughts please. 

I compared the http request headers for end users having issues with loading application vs user able to load application. I see for user not able to able to access application request header "x-csrf-token" is null. Can that cause Empty Session Token 401 error?  Also what might cause it to be null for certain users only? 

@DavidPetty @BodieMinster 

Do the users that are having problem with Chrome logging in have the same problem with Edge?  If not, there's something going on with Chrome with that user and Archer.  If you haven't open the developer tools in Chrome and go to the network tab  for the users that are having problems and see if they see any network issues.  I'd also disable any Chrome extension those users have installed to rule theem out.

Advisory Consultant