Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select a field from a sub-form given a field in the main form?

RobertPorter1
Contributor II

I have been trying to select a field (LastUser) from a sub-form given the IP address of a record in Device application. I am new to API's and have gotten the basic API authentication working and I"m able to pull lists of applications and such but can't find a way to search/filter records to a given record based on specific field content. I am using the REST API and have not tried any of the others, I have looked through the documentation but I don't see a way to search/filter records.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been beating my head against the wall for a day now.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Robert,

The REST API doesn't contain this type of search functionality currently. You'll need to use the SOAP API to achieve the search results you are after.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Robert,

The REST API doesn't contain this type of search functionality currently. You'll need to use the SOAP API to achieve the search results you are after.

Well I guess that is why I couldn't find it, thanks! I guess I'm off to read the SOAP API guide.