Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom object to get fieldID from field name Not working for cross-reference fields in a section

ss96
Contributor

Hi @DavidPetty ,

Hope you are doing well!

We have been using the below custom object for several usecases, but unfortunately some of them are not working after the recent upgrades. It's returning 0 if the field is a crossreference grid and if its inside a section along with other fields. (not in its own section)

The Horror's of Moving Custom Objects from One Environment to Another - Archer Community - 569029

Your help / guidance on this will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

@ss96 I've updated that document with the fix.  A new (css) style was introduced for cross-references that are inside of a section which also contains fields.

Advisory Consultant

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

@ss96 I've updated that document with the fix.  A new (css) style was introduced for cross-references that are inside of a section which also contains fields.

Advisory Consultant

Thank you so much! It's working now!

Swapnali_Shinde
Contributor III

Hi @DavidPetty ,

I have cross reference field names as "table 1" and "table 1-new" . and I am using LookupfieldId() function to get the field id . unfortunately when i am checking id for "table 1" CR field its giving me id for "table 1-new" CR field. and due to this wrong cross reference field is updating on layout. 

I tried changing name for cross reference field as well but not sure why it is returning 0 for the id.

It was working before and now it stopped working for this CR field. What could be the reason ?

When i do inspect element I dont see it in <span> when checked in prod it is in <span> to look for Class= Subsection. why it will change config in DEV.

It is working now. tooltip was enabled and it was causing issue. strange.