Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-Reference fields DATA not visible unless record reopened

Sanjay_a
Contributor II

Hi All,

We have written a custom object button ( on the record page) which when clicked brings data from another app and refreshes the page.  For page refresh we are using the view button code

__doPostBack('master$btnView','')

But page is refreshed, it is displaying all the fields' data, except for cross-references. The data is there but it is not shown unless we close the record and re-open it. This custom object was working for few years now and suddenly started to show this behavior.  Archer version - 6.10 P4

@DavidPetty @BodieMinster 

12 REPLIES 12

Hi David, we are setting values of all fields for the record using server side service based on API.  ( Not using custom objects to set the data). Custom object is used only to invoke the server side .NET code and then refresh page.  Also if I do view page source, I can see the data populated in the SelectedValues9999 field just that it does not display on the UI.

Do you get a response back from your .NET code that it's completed?  If so and being SelectedValues9999 has the correct values, you can call then function to update the cross-reference field.

Otherwise, there's nothing really more to do than what you're doing.

Advisory Consultant

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DavidPetty  thanks a lot. this is solved my problem.