Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Object to paginate Sub-Form display on record

BillC
Contributor III

We will on occasion need to load 6,000 or more sub-form entries to a record. When the 'View All' button is clicked, it can take a minute or so for all of the records to load and display. When we get closer to 10k sub-form records we are getting timeout errors. We are not willing to update the timeout config to support the rare occurrence of needing to display over 6k sub-form records.

We've tried attaching the records in a CSV file and enabling keyword searching on the attachment field, but we are getting mixed results as not all of the data in the attachment are returned when you search for a specific record via Global Search. 

Is there a way to force Archer to not 'List All', but 'Show More'? Is it possible to create a CO to paginate the display, or hijack the 'View All' and make it so it will display X more records on each click? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BillC,

No such setting OOB: Either all or some specified number of records. I suggest maybe to use Report Object instead.

You definitely can build such Custom Object with API calls in it, but have to code it on your own, not sure I seen anything similar in the community already crafted.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BillC,

No such setting OOB: Either all or some specified number of records. I suggest maybe to use Report Object instead.

You definitely can build such Custom Object with API calls in it, but have to code it on your own, not sure I seen anything similar in the community already crafted.

@Anonymous 

This was only proof of concept research, but good to know that if this is the path we choose, we can build something out if deemed worth the efforts.

The Report Object is a good idea. My secondary thought on the issue was to still allow the data loads to create the sub-form records, but leave the field off layout so there are no issues rendering the data on screen, but it exists for reporting only.

Thanks Ilya!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anytime.