Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am wondering if I can use Field name / Alias instead of the field ID when crafting a search Criteria xml?

BrianSpeck
Contributor II

I am working on a few integrations thru the environments, and wondering if it is possible to use field name / Alias when crafting my search criteria.  I think it is easier for non Archer developers to enter the field names they are looking for, rather than the field ID, which may change from DEV/TEST/QA/PROD.

any ideas on this?

I know I can a wrapper that could  map the field ID's to Name, however I would need to run the wrapper daily to update any new fields. per each environment.

Thanks

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brian,

According to the RSA Archer 6.3 Web Services API Reference Guide, "Use the GUID or the SQL field ID for the field.", so you must use one of those. The reasoning for this is that field names do not have to be unique across the installation, only unique across the application level, so using these as your key would require you to additionally specify which application to use.

If you do want to use names, then you'd need to write a custom translation function to handle the GUID/SQL ID lookup.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brian,

According to the RSA Archer 6.3 Web Services API Reference Guide, "Use the GUID or the SQL field ID for the field.", so you must use one of those. The reasoning for this is that field names do not have to be unique across the installation, only unique across the application level, so using these as your key would require you to additionally specify which application to use.

If you do want to use names, then you'd need to write a custom translation function to handle the GUID/SQL ID lookup.