Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Feed Trigger

SergeiBakhaev
Contributor III

Hello everyone!

I have quite a lot of data feeds that runs every 5 minutes to keep up with data changes.

If I'm not wrong, in one of the FFTH I've heard something about service/app, that could listen for changes in Archer and trigger Data Feed.

Have anyone aware of this?

Best regards,

Sergei

31 REPLIES 31

Yes, if you define so in DF Monitor configuration. I have it running like that.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_1.png

Hi IIya, 

I have also configured this utility but it's not working for a convoy datafeed.

Below is the tag of our configuration file. It executes the datafeed 'test datafeed1' but the referential feed never runs.

<monitor
     monitorType="ArcherRecordMonitor"
     name="test datafeed1"         
     associatedFeedGuid="6G8F76A2-EC0E-4E6D-B54F-9F1ED25DFD1B"
     isFeedConvoy="true"
     archerBaseUrl="http://abc-grc/"
     cacheFileNameAndPath="E:\temp\dfm3"
     cacheFileEncryptionPassphrase="d0n7TryTh1s@h0m3!"
     useSslValidation="false"
     archerInstance="GRC"
     archerUser="testuser1"
     archerPassword="Archer@123"   
     reportGuid="CR123E45-92E8-4E1A-98D3-8460C1ABCD50"/>

I would appreciate you if you can provide some guidance.

Thanks,

Mathura

Well, if you defined your feeds in proper order, feed B referenced to run after feed A, both feeds are set to be Active. And then you target from DF Monitor feed A, your configuration should work.

At least it works for me so.

Thank you for your response IIya!

I have both the feeds active, and feed B properly referencing feed A. Still no success

Will try to configure again to see it makes any difference.

Regards,

Mathura Prasad

Hm, 1st, I would check if your referencing is working in native Archer by using scheduled time fopr the feed A, and observer the behavior.

If it works, then I would say, only Bodie Minster would be able to provide educated guess on why your convoy is not working.

BodieMinster
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

Mathura Kushwaha , if you are able to schedule the lead feed for execution and the reference feed runs, then we would need to do some troubleshooting on the DF Monitor. If you schedule the lead feed for execution and the reference feed does NOT run, then we would need to troubleshoot the DF itself.

What do you observe when you run this test?

Hi Bodie Minster,

My datafeeds work fine if I let them run per their defined schedule i.e. without enabling datafeed monitor. I have just retested this and verified the results.

Along with that I have tested the feeds with datafeed monitor utility using below scenarios:

First Scenario: I kept the value of 'isFeedConvoy' to 'true' and executed the utility. The first feed (lead feed) executed as expected, but the reference feed didn't run. This happened when I didn't have any record in the source report of the first feed.

Second Scenario: I used the same config file from 'First Scenario' and re-executed the application. This time, I changed the filter criteria of the report such that the source report of first/lead feed contained some record. And it worked, both the datafeeds ( lead and reference feed) executed without any issue.

I think the reference feed only executes if the lead feed gets executed by utility which is only possible if the source report contains records.

Thanks,

Mathura Prasad

It sounds like you've found the root cause of the behavior. The utility will not queue the lead feed for execution if there are no records in the associated source report. This means that Archer will not execute the lead feed, and consequently, any dependent feeds will also not run.

This should make business sense as well. If the second feed is truly dependent, there should be no need for it to run when there are no records in the lead feed. Is this true in your scenario?

You are correct Bodie. I believe we have a feed which isn't really dependent on the first one, and can run independently. I will adjust the datafeeds as well as config file of the utility.

Thank you for your response and the amazing utility!

Hi Guys,
As we move our domains to Archer only, the link above is not working anymore. Are you aware of the new link available for this?