Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility of changing the pagemode based on status change

PremRajani
Collaborator II

Hi,

Using custom object is there a way to change the page mode to View on saving a record and when status changes to Completed. Don't want to go to edit mode in such scenario.

var pagemode=ArcherTech.UI.GenericContent.GetInstance().get_mode()

Not sure if set_mode is avilable.

Thanks,

Prem

8 REPLIES 8

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

@PremRajani why not create a rule that sets all the fields as read-only instead? Or if you have limited record permission fields and no inherited record permission fields, set rules to make the record read-only.

Otherwise the user are going to get a little confused/annoyed on those records that when the hit Edit the page loads and reloads back in View mode.  Not the best user experience in my mimd.

Advisory Consultant

Hi David,

Understood, but the access is being set based on geographic or business hierarchy and so an ODA was created. This way the users can set how many rules and API will map the records based on the rules. Now the problem is once it's completed the user doesn't want anyone to edit the record itself and API runs once 30 minutes. Trying to reduce the rules/actions too as there are different groups using the application with different sections visible just to them.

Thanks,

Prem

How many record permission fields do you have and are there and inherited record permission fields?

Advisory Consultant

10 record permissions with 2 having almost 100 rules, that why going ODA approach.  5 Inherited record permissions.

The inherited record permssion fields is a no go on that front.

I know you said you have a lot of (dde) rules but this is the best approach from a user experience.

Otherwise, inspect the Edit and View buttons and call their element id click event based on the record  mode.

Advisory Consultant

Hi David,

Apologies if I wasn't clear earlier. Below are the steps that I took

1) Edit access given based on the rules setup

2) User works on the record and reaches the one stage before Complete

3) Finally, reviewer selects Complete and saves the record. So after the page loads want to restrict going to edit mode if Complete.

Hope it makes sense.

Thanks,

Prem

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PremRajani,

You really should not restrict access based on the Custom Object or even DDE. E.g. in case u have inline edits anywhere or user can view records in report, you cannot prevent copying, deleting, editing. The only proper way is to restrict access on RP or field levels. Otherwise, it is sort of security over obscurity.

Hi Ilya,

Agreed and that's why we don't have inline enabled for the fields. The access is through RP only but for Completed records, the users should lose access immediately. Due to complexity of the application build, it takes time to reflect in RP and users are able to edit within that time frame. 

Thanks,

Prem