Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Calculated Values list field value in Custom Object

SaravananRajara
Collaborator III

The below function is reading values of values list field but i am not to get if the values list field is calculated.  Please help me to get the value of calculated values list field through custom object

"ArcherTech.UI.GenericContent.GetInstance().getFieldValue(fld_Id, false);"

We are using Archer 6.3 P3 version.

28 REPLIES 28

SK_Archer
Contributor III

David PettyIlya Khen

As of now i have used only two countries for check  and i am writing this calculation in subarea field 

IF
(OR
(CONTAINS(ANY,[Country(s)],"UK"),"UK-Area",
(CONTAINS(ANY,[ Country(s)],"US"),"US-Area")))

when it executes it just shows subarea as UkK-area though both countries are selected as multivalue which has UK and US and i expect both subarea should display 

on layout

countries : UK                        Subarea: UK-area

US                                        US-Area        

But what i am getting is 

countries : UK                        Subarea: UK-area

US                                         

Please suggest.

The issue is when the first OR evaluates to True, Archer moved on in the calculation.

You'll probably have to go this route, https://community.rsa.com/thread/35766

Advisory Consultant

You first need to build requirement for AND, and then for OR.

Meaning, like David says, your calculation checks for either of conditions, while you first need to check of both being True.

David PettyIlya Khen‌ ; Thanks a lot , It worked

Ilya Khen‌ David Petty

Time to resurrect this from the dead. I just tried this code in 6.4 SP1 P1 and now it only works with <div>. Is there any way to make this sort of code version safe (or safer)? For that matter, is there anywhere to find a reference that says that if you have field of type X, here is the best/safest way to pull/update its value? There are lots of good examples in here, but they often conflict or are version specific or use not-the-most-recommended techniques.

Thanks,

Ron

Ronald,

I am afraid these are archer version specific die to the UI changes. What I usually do, o use dev tools and inspect elements from browser, and then I know what JQuery code I need.

Ilya,

I guess my question boils down to what's the safest JQuery code to use. For example, I have two text fields, one is read-only and the other is editable, and I can use $CM.getFieldValue(). However, my other field is a calculated text field and I have to use this span/div method (at least I can't get $CM.getFieldValue to work). What is $CM and what are the circumstances where it can be used versus using these other methods that are more dependent on the UI structure?

Thanks,

Ron

That was my experience too, but for same field types $CM is not returning what is needed. Also, it works only in Edit mode.

Thus I always use JQuery tag specific code. But it is not version proof, while $CM is.

David may shed light on where $CM provides values and not, and you can use ot then everywhere needed for Edit type of Custom Objects. For the rest, JQuery is better, but you need to check it every major upgrade.

$CM is shorthand for ArcherTech.UI.ClientContentManager.GetInstance().

You don't need to know the element type (span or div) if you do it this way:

$CM.getFieldById(fieldId).clientId will give you the field's element ID. IDs should be unique, and jQuery's ID selector is '#'. So $('#' + $CM.getFieldById(fieldId).clientId) will give you the jQuery object for that element, regardless of whether it's a span or a div or another type of element. For a calculated field, you can do this to get the field's value:

$('#' + $CM.getFieldById(fieldId).clientId).text().trim()