Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Object to create/autofill information in new record

AlexanderHatfie
Contributor II

I'm looking to move information from application A to application B via a custom object. Here's the workflow I'm wanting to create:

Application A record is created through datafeed

User verifies Application A record

User clicks custom object

Custom object creates Application B record with various fields autopopulated (stuck here)

User sent to the new Application B record

With Application B being a leveled app, I believe the deeplink for the new record is as follows:

../Home.aspx?newrecord/moduleID/levelID

I'm having issues with the session refreshing while trying to link to the new page. I am also unsure how to carry over field values to populate them in the new record.

Any help is appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Suppose you have

First Name and last name in application A 

and combined field in Application B.

Create a custom object in application B , in such a way that it uses rest api to get the data as jason from application corresponding to field ID .

After , combine the data in same code and display it on application B . 

I have done auto fill before using the same approach . I believe this is possible but could be unstable

I understand this, but I am stuck on the part just before this. If I have a field ID "12345" with a record identification number "0987", I am unable to pull "0987" using the custom object. I am unable to reference the correct record without that identification number, which I am unable to pull.

Have you tried $CM.getFieldValue(ID) to retrieve data from the field by ID?

Custom object for setting value list of type people and group 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use the system generated tracking ID