Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Object Queries

RamanMinhas
Collaborator II

Hi ,

Hope someone have answer to my queries below.

1. How to Hide Credentials used in generating session . Logged In User session is not working to run custom code without admin privileges hence used plain text credentials in custom code

2. Is there a way to run custom code without accessing record(view/edit mode). scenario is "once a expiry date is hit ,it should revoke user access through custom code which is not happening unless record is accessed.

6 REPLIES 6

Ilya_Khen
Champion III

1. How to Hide Credentials used in generating session . Logged In User session is not working to run custom code without admin privileges hence used plain text credentials in custom code

You cannot, because it is plain JS code in there, thus credentials will always be there. The way to mock it up is to setup servlet on the web server, which would handle the requests and put credentials in there by doing handshake to API.

2. Is there a way to run custom code without accessing record(view/edit mode). scenario is "once a expiry date is hit ,it should revoke user access through custom code which is not happening unless record is accessed.

No, Custom Objects are running per user interaction with the page. Again, you can use servlet.

David Petty wrote a wonderful guide which would address most of your questions in here:

https://community.rsa.com/community/products/archer-grc/archer-customer-partner-community/custom-objects/blog/2018/05/18/custom-objects-and-you 

Thanks llya...

Anytime

SharathBabu
Contributor III

Hi,

I do have same question. I am running a PowerShell script to read a excel file and add users groups to Archer Users.

Is there any way I can handle the api request with out passing the hardcoded password?

Thank you Arun. Will give a try.