Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArcherTech functions

Kunal
Contributor III

I am new to the custom objects area. So please do bear with the obvious questions:

• What are ArcherTech.UI.GenericContent.GetInstance().xxx functions? Is there a reference available to see the list of all functions available?
  • If I want to get the values of calculated text fields, which are not on the layout, what is the recommended approach? REST or ArcherTech functions.
1 REPLY 1

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

Kunal welcome to the world of custom objects

The ArcherTech.UI.GenericContent.GetInstance().xxx  houses certain functions that can be used via custom objects but currently there are no references for client side APIs.

To get values of fields off layout, the REST APIs are the only way.  Or you can put the fields on the layout in a section and hide the section by default; fields would still be accessible by custom objects.

If you haven't you can take look at a custom object primer that I did, https://community.rsa.com/community/products/archer-grc/archer-customer-partner-community/custom-objects/blog/2018/05/18/custom-objects-and-you 

Advisory Consultant