Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply custom object to group.

ThomasBrown1
Promoter

Hello -

Is it possible to apply a custom object to only a select group?  I don't see an immediate solution for providing this functionality through DDE logic.  One option that comes to mind would be to apply the custom object to a layout that only targets the select group.

Any thoughts on how to best handle? 

Thanks!

Thomas

7 REPLIES 7

Ilya_Khen
Champion III

Either your DDE tab visible to needed group only approach, or you code in the custom object the current user group by using API and then put conditions in the code itself.

I tried to apply the DDE rule/action for the custom object to only a select group but it displays for everyone regardless.  The code in the custom object I am using is encrypted so I can't modify this directly.

Thomas

Did u put to tab or section? This will work in tab, I believe, if tab is the 1st one to show.

Kindest regards, I remain,

Ilya

Tried with section but will try with tab to see if that works.

Thomas

The tab option works for what is needed.  Is there a way to apply the custom object from the new tab while also hiding the tab from view?  I'm trying to limit what will be exposed to end users.

Thanks!

Thomas

Not sure. Tab needs to be visible this or that way in order for custom object to be executed.

Custom object will also be ready to execute in case user opens the tab manually.

Kindest regards, I remain,

Ilya

Arun.Prasad
Advocate II

Thomas Brown,

Please refer the code I have posted in the below thread.

https://community.rsa.com/message/933979#comment-934096