Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relating comments to a specific Questionaire

BrianSpeck
Contributor II

does anyone know how to relate comments to a specific questionnaire.  We can pull all the comments out with no problems, and we can pull all the questionnaires out.  The problem we seem to be having is how do we relate those comments to the specific questionnaire it came from.

I would think there would be a parent record ID or from ID that we could relate to the Specific questionnaire.  but we are not seeing it.

Current version is 6.2.p2 - future version 6.4.p2. Language: c#

Any suggestions?

Thank You

Brian Speck

1 REPLY 1

jsol5
Advocate II

I assume you mean the "sticky note" comments.

Since the sub-form can be associated to multiple applications/questionnaires, I don't think there's a way to use a calculated field to set the tracking ID of the parent.

When you create a report of your questionnaires, leave the questionnaire tracking ID on the report. Then, select all the comment sub-form fields. 

If it's not enough to just have a report and you need the tracking ID of the parent in the record, then add a text field to your comment sub-form.  Then, use data feed to populate the parent tracking ID into the sub-form.

Another idea would be to, again create a field on your sub-form.  Then, use a custom object to pull the Questionnaire tracking ID from the parent when the sub-form is created and populate that field and save it.

My cohort posted my code that allows us to pull the question info into the "sticky note".

Maybe you can modify the code, on your own, to populate the questionnaire tracking id into the sticky note.

https://community.rsa.com/message/901343