Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to API's

ChrystalDellne2
Contributor

Greetings,

I have a few questions regarding API's in Archer:

• Are there Out of the Box API's that can be utilized?  Or do all API's need to be built in the language of our choice?
  • What is the work effort to create API's for read, update, insert?  Does this effort depending upon the number of fields the API touches within an Application?
  • What skillsets are needed to deliver API's in Archer (C, XML, etc)?
  • What is the level of difficulty for people who are new to API's?

Any other additional insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  The organization that I am with is very much looking at implementing API's in the near future now that we have upgraded to the new 6.2 Platform.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

syedtahir16
Advocate
  • Are there Out of the Box API's that can be utilized?  Or do all API's need to be built in the language of our choice? Archer has a lot of out of the box api's available and a good amount of documentation around it too.
  • What is the work effort to create API's for read, update, insert?  Does this effort depending upon the number of fields the API touches within an Application? The out of the box API's have the capability to insert, read , update records etc along with a lot of other functionalities.
  • What skillsets are needed to deliver API's in Archer (C, XML, etc)? Since Archer has already defined the API's, its just a matter of calling those API's. You could possibly call them using a ASP.NET application, a powershell or python script too. 
  • What is the level of difficulty for people who are new to API's? Honestly, it is not that complex if you understand a little about api's function. I think the bigger challenge is how you handle the response and structure that 

Hi Ahmed,

What would you recommend to beginner for start off. Any Doc for you can point out for complete beginner to API.

The post on the Community entitled Getting Started - Archer API Basics is a great place to start and should help get you pointed in the right direction.