Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AD integrated authentification directly to the Archer Content API ?

JeanMarcSOGALOW
Contributor II

Hello!

I made JavaScript to connect to the Archer Content API and retrieve data,  I'm planning to insert this script into a Html page in order to allow users to consume the data.

Today, I use an Archer local account to connect to the Archer Content API. However, the html page will be executed under a specific user context(User logged on the PC). As we have enabled SSO on Archer (Windows Integrated) and the user context is the same, I would like to directly use this user context (Domain\Username) on the Archer content API to use Record Permissions.

Can this approach work in order to read Archer Content API Data?

If not, what is the best practice to impersonate this user through the Archer Content API to ensure execution of Record Permissions.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2

JeanMarcSOGALOW
Contributor II

Dear all,

I have asked the same question to the RSA Archer support. Here is their response:

Hello Jean-Marc,

Thank you for contacting RSA technical support team, my name is XXXXX YYYYYY, I have taken ownership of your case, and will be supporting you through this case. 

Unfortunately, Archer API doesn't have this capability, but there is a possible workaround using "/default.aspx" and cookies. Please find some PowerShell examples as per below RSA link:

https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.rsa.com%2Fdocs%2FDOC-106643&data=02%7C01%7Cjeanmarc.sogalow.ext%40proximus.com%7C87edd83e35fb44dbb88c08d76c1d945f%7Ce7ab81b21e844bf79dcbb6fec01ed138%7C0%7C0%7C63709674660...

Thanks and Best Regards.

Regards

Jean-Marc

JeffLetterman
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

For Python example, check out Using Archer's API with SSO.

For PowerShell example, check out Archer API and Single Sign-On (SSO)...is it even possible?