Best Practices for Opening a Technical Support Case
Make the most of Technical Support’s Initial Response by observing the following guidelines:
- Know the version of Archer and the Secondary Product (if required).
- Clearly define your question or problem.
- Detail troubleshooting steps already taken.
- Gather and attach any diagnostic artifacts. For example: error messages/logs, screenshots, traces, etc.
- Know the business impact of the problem to determine Severity level:
- Severity 1: Critical – Severe problems preventing performance of critical business functions. Examples: Production down, Production data loss, Production significant performance degradation.
- Severity 2: High – Business functions can be completed, but performance is degraded or limited. Examples: functionality impaired, non-production is inoperative, Data Feed failing.
- Severity 3: Medium – Business functions are largely unaffected. Examples: encountering a non-critical problem or potential defect not considered extremely urgent.
- Severity 4: Low – Minimal impact. Examples: requests for information.
Case Submission Options
- Case Portal – preferred method as cases are auto-created and routed directly to an available Support Engineer.
- Telephone - case is created manually via transcription of the information provided.
- +1 913.354.4100 (US)
- +1 833.354.4100 (US toll free)
- +61 2.7208.9560 (Australia)
- +81 50.1790.0650 (Japan)
Follow the Sun Support
With teams located around the globe, a follow the sun model is employed to maintain continuity of workflow and support.
The Designated Support Engineer (DSE) provides specialized technical expertise and is personally accountable for ensuring fastest possible remote resolution to questions and problems. Your DSE brings in-depth software expertise to your environment and in addition to an ‘Enhanced’ Entitlement, provides for:
- A single and direct point-of-contact:
- Oversees your technical support initiatives, troubleshoots, and resolves problems.
- Provides knowledge transfer to your staff.
- Combines in-depth knowledge of your environment with dedicated product line expertise.
- Provides bi-annual support of weekend upgrades/migrations.
- Scheduled Account Reviews:
- Review of upcoming Product features.
- Review of your technical environment, projects, and applications.
- Monthly reports related to all activities involving technical issues.
Product Life Cycle - End of Product Support Information