Important Update: Some Community URL Redirects are Under Maintenance. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add New for Cross Reference Doesn't Work if rules are used

SiddharthMore
Contributor III

Hi,

Condition 1 - I have used custom object to hide "Add New" of 2 Cross References and it is working as expected if i am trying to create new record or edit the record.

Condition 2 - I have used Rules to Make 1st Cross Reference "Read Only" When Status is changed to "A" and Vice Versa for another cross Reference when status is changed to "B"

Issue -- When Status is changed to "A", then "Add New" of 2nd Cross reference is displayed and it is not hiding. Similarly when Status is "B" the respective 1st cross reference "Add New" is displayed.

Tried removing the rules and checked,  Add New comes only when Status is changed from A to B or B to A.  Add New is only hidden when we are not touching Status Field.

Archer Version 6.9 SP3

Any Solution for this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

@SiddharthMore the ACL resets the styles of the cross-reference fields when toggling read-only/edit or shown/hidden.

Use this custom object to hide the 'Add New' link which takes care of that problem, Hiding the 'Add New' Link for Cross-Reference Fields - Archer Community - 632035 (archerirm.community)

Advisory Consultant

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

@SiddharthMore the ACL resets the styles of the cross-reference fields when toggling read-only/edit or shown/hidden.

Use this custom object to hide the 'Add New' link which takes care of that problem, Hiding the 'Add New' Link for Cross-Reference Fields - Archer Community - 632035 (archerirm.community)

Advisory Consultant

@DavidPetty Thank you for the solution. However i am curious to know if you got any custom code in json format other than the one you provided. 

The reason is, we might add more cross reference going forward and it would be difficult to manage this code when new cross references will be implemented.