Important Update: Some Community URL Redirects are Under Maintenance. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, World! API Basics Lab at RSA Charge 2017

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello API Enthusiasts!

Jeff Letterman‌ and I wanted to take a brief moment to let you know that we will be hosting a 2 hour, hands-on, code writing, API focused lab session at Charge 2017. We plan to walk you through code examples, and you will be writing code yourself, in order to better understand how to authenticate to and interact with the platform's APIs.

We hope to see you all at Charge in Dallas!

UPDATE:

The example files from the lab have been posted over here: https://community.rsa.com/docs/DOC-83452 

8 REPLIES 8

JeanAnderson3
Contributor III

Excellent!

Jean Anderson

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again, API users! With RSA Charge right around the corner, I wanted to provide an update on this lab.

The lab is set to take place on both Weds and Thurs from 1:30p - 3:15p. The idea will be to step you through creating an Archer API Utility that can:

• Login / Logout
  • Return a list of all Application metadata
  • Return a field configuration by Field ID
  • Create a content record
  • Retrieve a content record
  • Retrieve a report's results

The lab will primarily focus on doing this in Visual Studio and C# as per the API Programming Language of Choice poll, but we are also looking at including some PowerShell and perhaps some JavaScript via Custom Object. Examples of both SOAP and REST APIs, as well as using things like OData filtering are in the mix too!

Hope to see you there!

ScottNess3
Collaborator III

The best session at this years Charge.  Thanks Scott, Jeff and David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback, Scott!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The example files from the lab have been posted over here: Hello, Word! API Basics Lab Documents from RSA Charge 2017 

LouisHebben
Advocate II

Agreed, this was very good presenation shown some of wat can be done and how much work is needed to get even somthing smal working.  So much more knowledge needed, especally for someone not familiar with Visual Studio.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Louis! Hope you had a great Charge, and if I was paying attention correctly, congratulations on the award!