Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't all the person lookups include username?

Mike_Fladmark
Contributor III

When looking up a person when you add a record permissions field or users/groups field in a report filter, it doesn't display any unique identifier. If you have 10 people with the same name at your company, there's no way to tell which one you're picking. I know you can add the username in a record permissions field, but that only shows when you hover over the names and to me, that isn't very user friendly. Is there thought to include username when looking up people in Archer? I know there's probably a way to get it to show, but why doesn't it by default?

5 REPLIES 5

MartínCorrales
Contributor III

I have the same problem

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee
While not physically in the results you can configure in the Archer Control Panel for the instance to display the username when hovering over the user, https://help.archerirm.cloud/controlpanel_614/en-us/content/archercontrolpanel/acp_inst_gen_username_access_configuring.htm?Highlight=User%20title#:~:text=domain%2Fusername%20(when%20username%20inclusion%20is%20selected) "Domain/Username (when Username Inclusion is selected)"

Advisory Consultant

@DavidPetty - I am aware of that configuration; however, that only helps in a values popup record permissions field. It doesn't help when attempting to add someone to a report filter (record permission field x contains user y). If user "y" has the same name as another user, there isn't a way to hover over the name to see the username; therefore, you have no idea which user is which. 

Something I've done in the past, is configure the LDAP Sync to populate the user's middle name with the Username. That should help in the lookups for example.

RyanSwank1
Advocate

20 years later and still not fixed