Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on how to get time stamp in DDE action "Set Date"

Naresh260
Collaborator II

Hi friends,

Can you please advise on the below?

I have a DDE action that sets date when approval is done. But, it displays only the date. Is it possible to include time as well with this action or are there any workarounds to get time stamp as well?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ShaunMartinLaw2
Advocate

Yes, amend the field in the app builder configs "Display Control" to "Text box - Date and Time".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ShaunMartinLaw2
Advocate

Yes, amend the field in the app builder configs "Display Control" to "Text box - Date and Time".

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for the input. I did change the setting of the date field to date and time. However, when I approve a record, the set date is showing the default time stamp of 12 AM.

ShaunMartinLaw2
Advocate

I think changing that config won't impact existing records, but new records progressing through the AWF should be time stamped. At least it's working on my solutions like this.

Ok. Our application doesn’t use AWF. We have manual checkboxes for approvals. Once user checks the box, date field will display the current date but not the time stamp even though date field is configured to show date and time value.

ShaunMartinLaw2
Advocate

Sorry for leading you down the wrong path, I didn't realise it's different behaviour with DDE set & AWF set Current Date functionality apologies.

Here's an Idea to vote on... https://www.archerirm.community/t5/archer-ideas/allow-set-date-action-to-also-set-time/idi-p/578588

No worries. Thank you for the inputs.