Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run the custom object for all records without manual update

GurramChinna
Contributor III

We have custom object runs upon user click on "Save and Close" and "Save " buttons inside the record. 

Is there any option to make run the custom object for all records without manual update . I have tried bulk update option by saving date field with current date but custom object did not run.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

@GurramChinna, custom object as you know are JavaScript and they only run when the user is interacting with the record being the JavaScript is sent to the browser.

You would have to use a bulk schedule update or a data feed to update the records.

Advisory Consultant

GurramChinna
Contributor III

Hello David,

I have tried both data feed and bulk update option by saving date field with current date but custom object did not run

@GurramChinna as I mentioned the custom object only works when a user interacts with the record.  Data feeds and bulk update the records via Archer's APIs so the custom object wouldn't load/execute.

Depending on the logic of the custom object you'd have to create a data feed with a custom XSLT that has the same logic as your custom object to update the records.

Advisory Consultant