Important Update: Some Community URL Redirects are Under Maintenance. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Custom object for User Account activation for users added in manual RP fields

KunalGandhi
Contributor III

I am using Archer 6.6 P2 and we have a requirement where User's account status should be marked as "Active"(if inactive) when they are present/added in a manual record permission field. A button click will also work.

Please suggest any solution for this. @DavidPetty @Ilya_Khen

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KunalGandhi,

Not aware of such example in the community. But activation/inactivation has to be worked on via API calls, so your custom object has to take this into account.

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

@KunalGandhi, the issue with this is that you'd have to grant all users involved the ability to modify users accounts which is highly dangerous.

Advisory Consultant

archer_scripts
Contributor III

You could generate a native Archer report with all the records that contain the users to be activated, and build a Javascript Transporter Data Feed to periodically check if there are any records in this report, if yes, extract those user names and user IDs, call the Archer API to flip the user status to "Active", this way you could avoid giving individual users the admin power and relying on the data feed performing those admin tasks.

The only downside is that this won't be real-time since the data feed needs to be kicked off periodically, although you could make it run every 5 minutes or 10, still not as real-time as the browser side operations, but at least this is much safer.

Innovative solutions for RSA Archer, at archerscripts.com

KunalGandhi
Contributor III

Ok thank you for your response. I will try to achieve this using APIs.

KyleBratton
Contributor III

Can someone please post or direct to the documentation for the specific API call which can activate a user if you have their UserID? I have looked and been unable to identify this function.

@KyleBratton , you can find it here:

REST API: Metadata User (archerirm.cloud)
Web Services API: UpdateUserAccountStatus (archerirm.cloud)

Advisory Consultant

THANK YOU!!!!!