Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Child Level Upon Add New Record

KennethBlacow
Collaborator II

I have a leveled application ODA to start a review process for End Users. They click to add a new record and get the option to add a Parent record or a Child record. Since the Child record should always be linked to a Parent, can I hide or remove the option to add a Child record?

Thanks,

Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ilya_Khen
Champion III

Kenneth Blacow,

Do not think you can do it OOB. When record is created not form the CR, level will be always asked.

So in your case, you need to ask Users to Add New Level from the Parent Level itself. Basically from the CR.

But maybe you can make a deep link to create a child of some specific records.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ilya_Khen
Champion III

Kenneth Blacow,

Do not think you can do it OOB. When record is created not form the CR, level will be always asked.

So in your case, you need to ask Users to Add New Level from the Parent Level itself. Basically from the CR.

But maybe you can make a deep link to create a child of some specific records.

Thank You Ilya Khen‌. I figured out when trying to craft a link that I could add some more info to the options by adding a description to the Level that I want them to chose. I think this will work, but I will have to ask the team. I am trying to do this to save an ODA license. In my current setup I used two separate ODAs one for the main record and one to track working notes.