Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Calculated Values list field value in Custom Object

SaravananRajara
Collaborator III

The below function is reading values of values list field but i am not to get if the values list field is calculated.  Please help me to get the value of calculated values list field through custom object

"ArcherTech.UI.GenericContent.GetInstance().getFieldValue(fld_Id, false);"

We are using Archer 6.3 P3 version.

28 REPLIES 28

Interesting that it worked using div instead of span.  Wonder if the element changed from one version to the next.

Advisory Consultant

I tried it in 6.4 P2 as well. And I corrected the script by opening in DevTools, thus used div.

SK_Archer
Contributor III

Hi,

I have calculated country field and it is can have many countries listed and the requirement is for each countries i need to populate the respective region and it is dependent on how many countries you have in source field. According to my knowlege it is not possible to use DDE, can you please suggest/or sample code of custom objects?

Awaiting reply Ilya Khen David Petty

Why not just use another calculated field for populating the Region?

Advisory Consultant

You should not use Custom Object for that, but like David said either hardcoded calculation or some reference, e.g. ODA with Country<>Region data in.

David PettyIlya Khen‌ : 270 countries and 25 regions we need to work on lots of permutation and combination?

You anyway need some sort of source to correlate to. You are either doing it hardcoded or use source either created by you or ISO one, etc.

I'd assume so.

Advisory Consultant

Ilya KhenDavid Petty‌: Is there alternative for that, 

I have countries field valuelist (multi select option enabled ) which has data on layout as : UK

US

France 

and accordingly the subarea valuelist field on layout should display as UK - should be mapped to UK-Area

US- Mapped to US-Area

France - Mapped to France-Area

When i use calculation it is not allowing me to use select countries values it just picks the UK as country and subarea show as UK-area , other US-area and France-area will be ingnored 

how to acheive using another method, 

Thanks in advance.  

Can you post the calculation you're using?

Advisory Consultant