Important Update: Some Community URL Redirects are Under Maintenance. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Object to hide Administration icon

AlexandrosKras
Collaborator III

Hi all,

I want to hide the Administration icon (up right) when a user logins because I provided Datafeed access and I don't want them to go through the Datafeed...

I know that you can hide Copy button, etc. but Administration icon?

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks, try:

<script type="text/javascript">
     $('.jss560[title="Administration"]', window.parent.parent.document).hide();
</script>

Advisory Consultant

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

Alexandors, custom object lives inside of an application and in order for it to execute a user would have to visit a record upon entering Archer.

Now, you could use a custom iView as-long-as every user in Archer hasn't changed their default workspace upon logging into Archer.

Advisory Consultant

Hi David,

The problem is that the user when he gets in the record see the button and may be curious to go in... and then the problems start... so Workspaces/Iviews cannot do the job.

You are talking about this button?

DavidPetty_1-1617394510175.png

If so, the admin button shows for the users before they actually get into any record.  Unless users only get into Archer via a record link and that's it.

Advisory Consultant

Hi David,

Yes for this Icon I am talking about.

If you see the following link might be possible?

https://community.rsa.com/t5/rsa-university-blog/introduction-to-custom-objects-with-rsa-archer/ba-p/580352

what then would be the code for it?

Try the following Alexandors.

<script type="text/javascript">
     $('.ABO-NAV-anv241[title="Administration"]', window.parent.parent.document).hide();
</script>

Advisory Consultant

Hi David,

No luck neither as you sent it and neither with <!Doctype html><head></head><body>...script here... </body></html> tags

What version of Archer are you on? I tested it on 6.9 with no issues; once I view a record that has the custom object that is.

There is no need for  <!Doctype html><head></head><body>...script here... </body></html> tags.  Custom objects are inserted into the existing DOM and you're just asking for problems adding them 

Advisory Consultant

Hi again - 

6.7 P.03 - might be the problem?

Do a right-click on the icon and select Inspect and send me a screenshot of the HTML.

Advisory Consultant