Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Object to create/autofill information in new record

AlexanderHatfie
Contributor II

I'm looking to move information from application A to application B via a custom object. Here's the workflow I'm wanting to create:

Application A record is created through datafeed

User verifies Application A record

User clicks custom object

Custom object creates Application B record with various fields autopopulated (stuck here)

User sent to the new Application B record

With Application B being a leveled app, I believe the deeplink for the new record is as follows:

../Home.aspx?newrecord/moduleID/levelID

I'm having issues with the session refreshing while trying to link to the new page. I am also unsure how to carry over field values to populate them in the new record.

Any help is appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

Ilya_Khen
Champion III

I think there is no easy way out to sort this problem out. You would have to use REST or WEB API to do so upon button click.

As a reference, I recommend to start from here:

RSA Archer API Users 

and here, thanks to  Jeff Letterman:

https://community.rsa.com/docs/DOC-81721 

AlexanderHatfie
Contributor II

I've been working on this more throughout the day and got part of it fixed. I'm able to redirect to a new record and have static text populated in a field. What I'm needing now is to be able to store a value from the previous record to be able to load with the next record. Similar to the question linked below I think, but for a text field and not for a values list.

https://community.rsa.com/thread/195760 

Yeah, and I believe this is the part when you need API to get previous record by ID or App ID, and get values for new record.

Could be wrong ofc, and there is a way to pass all parameters to new record over URL or over HTML session container, but container need to be worked out in new record window.

I may not be wording my question properly. Is there a way to reference the value within a text field in javascript? 

From another record?

If this record is shown as GRID somewhere, yes, you can. Otherwise, as it is client side code only, the only way is to make ajax request, but this is again leading to API.

From the same, current record.

If I understood your question correctly:

1. You have Text Field called Name.

2. You have Text Field called Surname.

3. You have Text Field called Fullname, which should be = Name + Surname.

Do I get this right?

Yes, that is a good working example. How would I accomplish that in a custom object? I believe if I can figure that out, I can solve the rest.

Basically, this will give you most answers.

How to set text field from custom object without calling api. 

You use David Petty Сотрудник code to set data to Text field.

And you use $CM.getFieldValue(ID) to retrieve data from the field by ID.

Custom object for setting value list of type people and group 

Mind, these are working in Edit mode only, which should be sufficient for the most cases. Otherwise, you can use pure JQuery to relate to elements.