Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Object Redirect Feature

AjeetKumar2
Collaborator III

I am using function to redirect from one record to same record but after creating a perticular record when again its taking me on the same record it opens up a new instance of the same record in which all values will be updated but when i click on X button (right hand side) of the record it shows up me the old instance in which things are not updated. In this context I am hiding the X button using custom object but in some cases we need to enable the X (close button).

Is there any other method so that I can take it on same record without creating its replicated instance of the record?

I am using the following method right now to redirect on the same record.

Custom Object:(just shared redirect code of line)

javascript: $pbC(getRecordId() + '|' + ApplicationId + '|' + LevelId);

This will redirect a user on record id.

previously I was using recalculate to refresh a particular record since its not working with 6.4 version of Archer.

Custom Object:(just shared recalculate code of line)

javascript: $pb('{"a":[{"Key":"contentid","Value":"'+ parseInt(value) +'"}],"e":"recalculate"}');

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David PettyBJ JohnsonBodie Minster‌ Do you have any ideas for Ajeet on this issue for Aetna? The Custom Object he was using for recalculate is no longer working after they upgraded from 6.2 to 6.4 P2. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

"(Currently we are using the javascript: $pbC(getRecordId() + '|' + ApplicationId + '|' + LevelId); which works fine for us but creates a new instance stacked above the older one.)"

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

EricaChalfin
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

Ajeet Kumar‌,

I've moved your question to the RSA Archer Customer/Partner Community space where it will be seen by the product's support engineers, other customers and partners.  Please bookmark this page and use it when you have product-specific questions.

Alternatively, from the RSA Customer Support page, click on Ask A Question on the blue navigation bar and choose Ask A Product Related Question.  From there, scroll to RSA Archer Suite and click Ask A Question.  That way your question will appear in the correct space.

Regards,

Erica

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

Ajeet, are you putting the record into view mode when you issue the recalculate?  My I ask which field you're looking for an updated value?

As-far-as Archer displaying the "old" record, it because Archer is using breadcrumbs when navigating "back" after closing the record.

Advisory Consultant

David, Actually iam creating a record using post method in "view" mode and putting the created record id in a cross-reference, its creating record id and displaying in a cross-reference field but when it redirects it creates new instance of the same record, after closing the X button old record is always there.

is there any way to close that old record or can redirect on old method because "recalculate" is not working from custom object after releasing 6.4 P2.

Here in this context we can not use "close" method from custom object.  

So issuing a recaclc after you've created the record should work fine.  Make sure in the record you're creating your also putting the parent tracking/content id in the related records field.

Advisory Consultant

Yes David for the same example if I use javascript: $pbC(getRecordId() + '|' + ApplicationId + '|' + LevelId); then it displays all tracking Ids in the cross-reference field but when I use javascript: $pb('{"a":[{"Key":"contentid","Value":"'+ parseInt(value) +'"}],"e":"recalculate"}'); It does not display me those Ids even by clicking "recalculate" button except when I search that record using global search or I close that record and I open it again.

When I click this "recalculate" button for calculation it works fine in that case.

eventually I just want to conclude that if the custom object had some issue It would not populate Ids after reopening it and secondly at least when I am clicking the "recalculate" button into view mode it should reflect Ids into the cross-reference field.

David PettyBJ JohnsonBodie Minster‌ Do you have any ideas for Ajeet on this issue for Aetna? The Custom Object he was using for recalculate is no longer working after they upgraded from 6.2 to 6.4 P2. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

"(Currently we are using the javascript: $pbC(getRecordId() + '|' + ApplicationId + '|' + LevelId); which works fine for us but creates a new instance stacked above the older one.)"

Ajeet Kumar

Inspecting the element it looks like the way to recalculate the record has changed.  This is based off a 6.5 instance so I'd inspect the Recalculation button with your version to confirm.

$pb('{"a":[{"Key":"contentid","Value":"150855"}],"e":"recalculate"}');return false;

Advisory Consultant

Or you can just do $('#master_btnRecalculate').click();

Advisory Consultant

in 6.4 i even inspected the "recalculate" button as implemented same as you have mentioned but i will try it for 6.5 then i will let you know about it.