Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Object pop-up message

MuhammadAlam
Collaborator III

Hello, I'm trying to create a Custom Object code to display a pop-up window once the user clicks on the radio button. The pop-up should only contact the information field from other application.

OR - if this can be done without using custom object, it would be nice

Contact Information is Cross Reference field.

We are running on 6.8 P2, any help with code would be much appreciated

Thank You.

6 REPLIES 6

MuhammadAlam
Collaborator III

Hi All,

I got a button on the layout using below code, need help to get contact the information field from other application on the popup message.

Thanks

<html>
<body>

<button onclick="myFunction()">Show Contact Details!</button>

</body>
</html>

Muhammad, this isn't an easy custom object you're looking to create.

Question, is the data you want to display visible in the record that is going to display the pop-up?  If so, you can use the browser to inspect the data (right-click) and build your custom object.

Be aware that Archer uses field IDs to identify fields and when moving custom objects from one environment to another you'll need to update the custom object with the correct field ids.  You can use The Horror's of Moving Custom Objects from One Environment to Another - RSA Link - 569029 to mitigate this issue.

Also, custom objects are inserted into the already established DOM so there is no need for DOCTYPE, html or body tags.

Advisory Consultant

Hi David,

Thanks for quick response.

Yes, the contact information want to display on pop-up massage already exist in the other application.

Muhammad, if the data is in another application, you'll need to use the REST APIs to retrieve the information and that is going to require the tracking/content id of the record in the other application.

If you can use a calculated cross-reference field to retrieve the data, it would make this custom object a lot easier to display the data.

Advisory Consultant

Hi David,

Yes, i will using calculated cross -reference field to retrieve data 

For Example:

User Click on Show me - popup message display information about contact information

<html>
<body>

<button onclick="myFunction()">Show Me</button>

<script>
function myFunction() {
alert(This is Test); ----should i use $CM.getFieldValue

}
</script>

</body>
</html>

Muhammad, again you don't need the html or body tags in a custom object.

The $CM.getFieldValue() function will not work with fields inside of a cross-reference.  You'll have to use the browser's developer tools to inspect the DOM structure to find how to get the data you need.

If the calculated cross-reference has more than one record, then you'll need to loop through the data to get what you want.

Advisory Consultant