Important Update: Some Community URL Redirects are Under Maintenance. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom object Archer functions

SergeiBakhaev
Contributor III

Hi!

Every time someone asks about something to do using custom objects, there is an answer with sample code.

Sometimes, there are functions and objects in code, that never occurred for me before.

For example:

WarningConfirm(msg,userConfirmed,title);

$CM.setFieldValue(contDate, null, '');

$CM.getFieldById(fid);

Sys.Application.add_load(function() {});‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

What are they? Is there any doc on what objects and functions, provided by Archer we can use?

For example, "$CM" objects contains a lot of functions, that looks very helpful, but I'm unable to find any info on their capabilities.

Best regards,

Sergei

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

Hi Sergei

Most of those items are client side functions, and currently there is no documentation on what's exposed and how to use them.

The,

Sys.Application.add_load(function() {});

Is an asp.net specific function that fires once everything is loaded in the record.  Best used when referencing any of the data within an application, questionnaire or sub-form.

Advisory Consultant

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

Hi Sergei

Most of those items are client side functions, and currently there is no documentation on what's exposed and how to use them.

The,

Sys.Application.add_load(function() {});

Is an asp.net specific function that fires once everything is loaded in the record.  Best used when referencing any of the data within an application, questionnaire or sub-form.

Advisory Consultant

Thanks for fast reply!

Is there any plans on creating documentation like this?

None that I know of being any of those functions can be changed/depreciated at any time and maintaining any documentation would be a nightmare.

Advisory Consultant

jsol5
Advocate II

There's a $LM object, too.

I remember, I asked David the same question about some sort of API  And he shared, that he was seeking the same long time ago  Since that, we can only dig into the existing API calls and reverse engineer.