Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Button in Menu Header

AshaHB
Contributor III

Hi, I have a requirement wherein to place a custom button(Submit Certification) in the header.

pastedImage_1.png

Adding the code which I have used to create the Custom button:

<div class="toolbar-app-buttons-left">
<a title="Set Value" class="tb-btn-link-left" id="btnSetValue" href="javascript:void(0);" data-check-dirty="false">
<div class="tb-btn" data-icon="&#xE348" data-icon-pos="left">Submit Certification</div>

</a>

</div>

<script type="text/javascript">
var integration = {
statusFieldId:"field ID",
statusSubmit:"Value ID"
};
$('#btnSetValue').click(function(){
UpdatesValueList(integration.statusFieldId, integration.statusSubmit);
$('#master_btnSave').click();
});

function UpdatesValueList(changeId, assignedValue) {
var valueArray = new Array(1);
valueArray[0] = assignedValue;
$CM.setFieldValue(changeId, valueArray, '');
}
</script>

It all works fine I just now need to add this button header menu. 

ASHA
10 REPLIES 10

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

Asha, give this a shot.

<script type="text/javascript">
if($('#btnSetValue').length == 0) $('<div class="workflow-app-buttons"><a title="Submit Certification" class="tb-btn-link-left" id="btnSetValue" href="javascript:void(0);" data-check-dirty="false"><div class="tb-btn" data-icon="&#xE348" data-icon-pos="left">Submit Certification</div></a></div>').insertAfter('#master_toolbar');

var integration = {
statusFieldId:"field ID",
statusSubmit:"Value ID"
};

$('#btnSetValue').click(function(){
UpdatesValueList(integration.statusFieldId, integration.statusSubmit);
});

function UpdatesValueList(changeId, assignedValue) {
var valueArray = new Array(1);
valueArray[0] = assignedValue;
$CM.setFieldValue(changeId, valueArray, '');
}
</script>

Advisory Consultant

Hi David,

Thanks for response.I have tried the code. Attaching the screenshot below this is how it is showing. It is not added in the header still

pastedImage_1.png

ASHA

Replace line 2 with,

if($('#btnSetValue').length == 0) $('<div class="workflow-app-buttons"><a title="Submit Certification" class="tb-btn-link-left" id="btnSetValue" href="javascript:void(0);" data-check-dirty="false"><div class="tb-btn" data-icon="&#xE348" data-icon-pos="left">Submit Certification</div></a></div>').insertAfter('#master_btnSave1');‍‍‍‍

If you want the button further down in the toolbar, inspect the button that you want your button to appear after and replace what's inside the .insertAfter() with that button id, make sure you include the # at the beginning.

Advisory Consultant

AshaHB
Contributor III

Hi David,

Thanks for the help.

pastedImage_1.png

Can we make the button to similar to other buttons in the picture. Any help with this will be much helpful David

ASHA

Asha, you can use the browser and right-click on one of the buttons and select Insect.  You can see what styles are applied to those button and do the same for your button.

Just an FYI the buttons will change style when you upgrade to Archer 6.7+

Advisory Consultant

Hi David,

This is the code when I have inspected got this

<a id="master_btnEdit" class="tb-btn-link-left" href="javascript:void(0);" title="Edit" aria-disabled="false" role="button" data-check-dirty="true" tabindex="0"><div class="tb-btn " data-icon-pos="left" data-icon="">Edit</div></a>

I have tried modifying it. Not working

Thanks Again

ASHA

AshaHB
Contributor III

I wanted to know if there is possibility to hide the button which I have created based on Status

ASHA

Try replacing line 2 with,

if($('#btnSetValue').length == 0) $('<a title="Submit Certification" class="tb-btn-link-left" id="btnSetValue" href="javascript:void(0);" data-check-dirty="false"><div class="tb-btn" data-icon="&#xE348" data-icon-pos="left">Submit Certification</div></a>').insertAfter('#master_btnSave1');

For hiding the button, see my post here, Dec 8, 2020 8:29 AM (rsa.com)

Advisory Consultant

Thanks David for the Immediate  help.

ASHA