Important Update: Some Community URL Redirects are Under Maintenance. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot read property 'srcElement' of undefined

JoyVanBuskirk
Collaborator II

Hello, I'm working on a custom object where users type a risk into a text box and then have the option of clicking a button (my custom object) next to the text box which does a lookup and returns to users any other existing risks which have similar content. This prevents duplicate risk submission and also allows users to collaborate with others who are  managing risks that are similar but not quite the same.

As part of this I've noticed that if you have your cursor in an Archer text field when you trigger any javascript at all (including non-custom object DDE related javascript), Archer will throw the following error if you're looking at Chrome developer tools:

JoyVanBuskirk_0-1620340297262.png

You can reproduce this on demand with a custom object as simple as this code: <DIV Onclick='alert("Hi!")'>Search</DIV>

Once you click on the word Search, you will get the alert and then you get the error. The good news is that it runs all of your code first before it throws this error, so I haven't seen any functional impacts to this. Since the error only appears in the development console, users will never know it's there.  But I like to release code that doesn't throw any errors at all. Is there anything I can do to make this not happen? If it helps with diagnosing this, the error doesn't appear if you don't have your cursor in a text field when you click search. 

5 REPLIES 5

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

What version of Archer are you on Joy?

Advisory Consultant

Hi David, We're on 6.9SP1 P2.

Thanks.

I've test <DIV Onclick='alert("Hi!")'>Search</DIV> in a later version of Archer and I didn't receive that error at all.

Advisory Consultant

JoyVanBuskirk
Collaborator II

Interesting... What version did you test on? I can check with our team on how long it will be until we have that version. Perhaps the solution for me is to just ignore it for now since there's no functional impact, and the issue will go away after we upgrade.

In any case, thank you taking a look--I really appreciate it. As we do more and more sophisticated custom objects, I didn't want to assume this was harmless and have it cause unforeseen issues later. 

I tested on 6.9 SP1 P2.

Advisory Consultant