Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buttons hidden by Custom object are visible on Right Click

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have hidden some of the system buttons in our application like Save/ Save and Close/ Copy/ New. But if the users right click on the tab of Tracking ID of the record, they see all the buttons and they are fully functional. They can Copy the record, save the record etc. In this case there is no use hiding the buttons by Custom object. This issue occurred after migrating to 6.6P4. 

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Am I missing something in my code or is this a platform related issue?

(PS - RSA Support does not provide any support regarding Custom Objects, so that option is already ommitted.)

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.

regards

Shashi

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shashi DUBEY,

The right-click menu links are still just HTML on the page that can be manipulated by a Custom Object. If you inspect the Copy element here, you can see it's an anchor and has various properties. Using this you can add a .hide() to your existing Custom Object to hide them in both places.

pastedImage_1.png

The custom objects used to hide the buttons are typically on the layout of the record of that application.  The right click menu is from the view all or a report listing.  Can we add custom objects to those pages?  I don't think the record layout custom object, even with the added elements would apply to the listing?

I would think we could adjust the sitewide CSS to hide those, but I don't want to take that approach and wouldn't ever recommend that. 

Is there a way to apply a CO to the listing page/reports?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matt Galas,

You are correct. My example is for hiding the button from the record page, where the CO can impact the HTML menu from the header there.

For the listing page or reports, there is not a way to inject a CO there.

As always, thanks Scott!  I think its already an idea out there but having those buttons configurable in the application settings would allow it from the reporting/listing page and would be a nice touch.    

ShaunMartinLaw2
Advocate

Disable Copy button - https://community.rsa.com/ideas/2210

Add DDE capability or option to disable/hide Copy button from record page and right-click menu for specific applications - https://community.rsa.com/ideas/1369

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Matt and Scott for the clarification. So I guess there is nothing I can do to configure it? I hope these buttons will be made configurable in the next upgrades. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Shaun, I have voted for both the ideas.