Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archer record permission

rohitranjan01
Contributor

Is there anyone who has experience on capturing old approver information in record permission. Our client is trying to save information as to who was old approver for a record. The scenario is that initial approver is assigned however due to some circumstances he is not available hence an admin assigned someone to the record and new approver has approved the record but they want to find out who was old approver in the record.

Ps : I know they can look at history log option however do we have any custom object to copy this approver details

2 REPLIES 2

ShaunMartinLaw2
Advocate

I don't know how to do that, but a workaround I use, is to add an optional [Delegate Approver] record permission field.

dmerrick_256
Collaborator III

In the case I need permanence I create a second RP field and populate with a DDE after I close a record.  This works especially well if the original RP is an IRP.  The delegate field is an easier solution if the original RP is manual, but a data feed would work for that as well.