Important Update: Some Community URL Redirects are Under Maintenance. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate filter criteria causing DB error

wlaughlin
Contributor III

Statement:

Archer Version 6.13 P3 HF1

Findings application has a default records permission field, within this field you can set filters to have permissions applied if rules are met.

Issue:

I accidentally added a few rules that are not appropriately named, and their alias did not update when I changed the name of the rule/filter. When going to delete them I am greeted with the following error : 

" The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "fk_tblModuleQuestionnaire_tblFilterCriteria". The conflict occurred in database "archer_instance", table "dbo.tblModuleQuestionnaire", column 'findings_filter_criteria_id'." 

For sake of thoroughness I would like these rules to be removed and replaced with the correctly named and alias'd versions. Thank you in advance. 

Idea:

This only happened to two of the 50 some odd rules I had to delete to remake. No true idea why this happened.

Story behind:

We have users that should only have access to certain records at certain points within the records lifecycle.

@Anonymous 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends. You need to consult with your security manager to check if rollback is an option. Usually it depends on the possible data loss (RPO) and MAD. So depends on your policies and situation. Rollback is a solid option if such is possible and allowed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wlaughlin,

Take this to support please, it should not happen under normal circumstances when using UI only. I would suggest maybe to delete whole RP and recreate again, but you have too many rules. 

Meanwhile u can disable the rules by adding some unrealistic criteria to never match.

wlaughlin
Contributor III

@Anonymous, Thank you as always for the quick and accurate responses. Do you think a DB rollback will ruin anything here, or is it truly best to get support involved to see what may have happened?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends. You need to consult with your security manager to check if rollback is an option. Usually it depends on the possible data loss (RPO) and MAD. So depends on your policies and situation. Rollback is a solid option if such is possible and allowed.

This is in our DEV environment, so data loss here will not affect too terribly much. Thank you again for the always great information and pointed answers. I hope you have a good rest of your day! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anytime.