Important Update: Some Community URL Redirects are Under Maintenance. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How get an ID from differents sections?

ASI_Sustentacao
Contributor III

I'm building a 'Guide Me' for my findings solution and I'm having trouble to referencing divs that aren't in the same section as the code. 

1- I created a new section 'Guide me' and added the code to the custom object 'Step 0'

ASI_Sustentacao_3-1672667640721.png

2- Since the code is only in this section, I can only reference the divs in this section. The code shows how I'm referencing the div (in the same section it is in), but in other sections, it doesn't work.

document.evaluate('//*[@id="master_DefaultContent_rts_s1274_f22468c_text"]', document, null, XPathResult.FIRST_ORDERED_NODE_TYPE, null).singleNodeValue

ASI_Sustentacao_2-1672666905394.png

How can I reference the other sections while leaving the code in a single section, given that I will need to follow a step-by-step, and is there an ideal order to follow?

3 REPLIES 3

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

@ASI_Sustentacao, everything in the DOM is accessible by the browser.  The only time this isn't true is when you have fields that are in a tab that's not visible to the user.  Archer only loads the content of the tab to the browser when the tab is active; selected by the user.  The other is when the field is off the layout.

Advisory Consultant

@DavidPetty , how can I make my tab active?