Important Update: Some Community URL Redirects are Under Maintenance. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding the 'Add New' Link for Cross-Reference Fields not working when user enters edit mode from a different tab

JoyVanBuskirk
Collaborator II

@DavidPetty I implemented the Custom Object for Hiding the 'Add New' Link for Cross-Reference Fields. Thank you for writing that! In many circumstances it works really well. But if a user enters edit mode from a tab other than the one on which the cross reference and custom object live, the custom object doesn't seem to fire.  Any suggestions for how to get around this? If it helps, I'm having this issue in 6.11 P1 and this is a scenario where the cross reference is in grid view and the field is the only one in the section. The field is not on the default tab and the custom object is on the same tab as the cross-reference field. 

2 REPLIES 2

JoyVanBuskirk
Collaborator II

Ok, I just tested a workaround. It seems that if I place a copy of the same custom object code on every tab, then it works as expected. Ideally though I don't duplicate code that many times. If anyone can  think of a way to avoid duplicate, custom objects--please let me know?

For anyone who finds this thread in the future, I worked with David on this offline. The solution is  to create a new section outside of all tabsets and then add the custom object to that. If you're like me and didn't want anything at all outside of a tabset, you can then use a DDE to hide the new section and custom object so your app doesn't look any different. When the custom object is outside of the tabset, it'll work on anything on any tab--no duplication needed.