Important Update: Some Community URL Redirects are Under Maintenance. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Element Ids in Custom Object javascript

JeffLamb
Contributor II

I have a very fundamental question regarding javascript in custom objects. How do I determine the element id of a field I want to reference in the javascript?

I have a simple requirement where we need to clear the contents of a text field when the record is opened for editing. Seems like it should be easy to implement this with a custom object, but I don't know how to get the element id of the field so I can reference it within the custom object.

If it matters, I'm using Archer 5.2 but we will be moving to 5.3 SP1 soon.

31 REPLIES 31

ravibaburali
Contributor II

David , I would like to know how to get all types in custom code like for input ,text calculated,value list etc.sometimes i see id's starting with master, default. Is there any helpful links to understood these ids from client side.

Unfortunately Ravibabu there is no documentation.  But being Archer is a web application you can use the browser to inspect the elements and find their corresponding element ids.

Typically each field will contain it's field id; which can be found by hovering over the field name on the Fields name in the application and looking at the far bottom right you'll see ID: (number).

You can also search the https://community.rsa.com/community/products/archer-grc/archer-customer-partner-community/custom-objects  community to find various custom objects.

Advisory Consultant