Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine Layout?

RusFM
Contributor III

Hello,

Does anyone know if there's a way to determine the layout being shown?  (E.g. chosen by an AWF node.)

Thanks in advance,

Rus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndreaDollen
Contributor III

I generally put a text box and permission only for Admins that has the name of the layout (on every layout).  You could use that in a script if needed as well.

Andrea

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RusFM,

Cannot it be seen from AWF modeler of the application in Application Builder directly on the User Action node for example?

Ilya,

I mean from javascript can the layout be determined?  I've looked through page source and see no obvious way.

Its not that big a deal as I'm sure I can determine it another way, but wanted to check.

Rus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, I do not think it is possible with API call currently. As for JS call, if you have some clear evidence defined in each layout, like you defined some unique text value per layout during design phase, then such can be extracted by JS to help end user to identify current layout. Though it is only per user interaction.

AndreaDollen
Contributor III

I generally put a text box and permission only for Admins that has the name of the layout (on every layout).  You could use that in a script if needed as well.

Andrea

Thanks Andrea.  That's similar to what I was thinking.

Rus