Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom object for cross reference field

ilhankurt
Contributor III

Hi all,

I wantted to set cross reference field with custom object?

Is it possible to do it

Regards

31 REPLIES 31

My bad, a mismatch of variables.

Change fldId to xRefFielddId in setXrefFieldValues(fldId,xRefRecordId).  So it should read as setXrefFieldValues(xRefFielddId ,xRefRecordId)

I've updated my initial post as well.

Advisory Consultant

I have already done same thing so I got error as below

Invalid argument

I have mentioned also in my previous post.

Create a report that would bring back all the records you need to update.  Filter on records that don't have a record linked. Otherwise you'll keep processing the same records over and over again. You'll only need to have the tracking id of the record.  Create your Archer-2-Archer data feed and after you load the source fields on the Source Definition tab create a new field that has a static value of the record you want to link.  Then map the fields accordingly: tracking id to the parent record tracking id and the new field you created to the tracking id field of the cross-reference field.

Advisory Consultant

At which line did you get invalid argument?

Advisory Consultant

Points as below

SCRIPT87: Invalid argument.

File: jquery.js, Line: 4700, Column: 4

// Make sure we're using the right name for getting the float value
  if ( rfloat.test( name ) ) {
   name = styleFloat;                 this line is 4700
  }

name = name.replace(rdashAlpha, fcamelCase);

if ( set ) {
   style[ name ] = value; 
  }

return style[ name ];
 },

Try changing the xRefRecordId variable to: var xRefRecordId = [24075];

Advisory Consultant

it Works.

Which one is the best option to do sth like this. data feed or js ?

Glad you got it working

It comes down to preference.  Custom objects are instant and will have be maintained going forward.  Meaning future upgrades of the framework could break the custom object.

Data feeds would require a waiting period for the feed to update the record.  Users could run into a record conflict warning if the user did an apply on the record while still working on it and when the feed starts and updates the record.

Advisory Consultant

I have many options for selecting and setting the data.

My scenario is like below

user will select value from value list and then I will set automatically the cros reference field.

ValueList - Cross ReferenceField

value1 ->  data1

value2 -> data2

value3 -> data3

goes on.

I dont understand some section from your opinion.

"Create your Archer-2-Archer data feed and after you load the source fields on the Source Definition tab create a new field that has a static value of the record you want to link. 

Then map the fields accordingly: tracking id to the parent record tracking id and the new field you created to the tracking id field of the cross-reference field"

Should I create field as below?

How can I give it a static value?

And can you explain the mapping a little bit more ?

archer.png

iIlhan the report in Archer should look like this:

DFReport.PNG

Make sure the report isn't set as Statistical and that the Display Format is set as Column - Flat.

In the data feed, source definition load the fields and click the Add New link (top Right) give the new field a name and set the Field Type as Calculated Field. The create the calculation based on what values list (in this case Status) value selected and set the appropriate tracking id you want to set for the cross-reference field.

DFSourceFields.PNG

Then map the fields accordingly.  So the Tracking Id from the report would link to the parent record's tracking id.  Then the new field you created would map to the tracking id of the cross-reference field you want to set.

Advisory Consultant