Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Services API: Delete obsolete fields

DavidFulmer
Contributor III

We are using 10-year old on-demand application (ODA) to move into new instance and server.

We are working on ODA to clean up the obsolete fields that is no longer needed.  There are over 300+ fields that needs to be deleted in Archer module in new instance/server.  Those retired field will not have data value.

I think API is the best approach to do quick solution.  I went through Web Services API documentation (DOC-97464) and learned that API only support the value list field type, and did not find any API class that can call to delete the field in any field types.  So, that means is there any API class that support for deleting the fields?

If API does not support, then I assume that I will need do manually to delete the 300+ fields....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

David, there are no APIs in regards to manipulating the actual configuration of an application/questionnaire; add/deleting fields, changing field configurations, etc.

Advisory Consultant

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

DavidPetty
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

David, there are no APIs in regards to manipulating the actual configuration of an application/questionnaire; add/deleting fields, changing field configurations, etc.

Advisory Consultant