Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ValueList XML structure for Search/Update by SOAP in Archer

NeerajRohilla
Contributor II

I am trying to send my xml data in EXECUTESEARCH method to search records in Application .But its throwing error ": 'Server was unable to process request. ---> There was an error processing Search Report Request.  Invalid Meta data Id'".

Please suggest am i passing the correct XML structure for Value List Field in SOAP API?

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<SearchReport>

<PageSize>250</PageSize>

-<DisplayFields>

<DisplayField name="Tracking Id"/>

</DisplayFields>

-<Criteria>
-<Filter>
-<Conditions>

-<ValueListFilterCondition>

<Operator>contains</Operator>

<Field>29330</Field>

-<Values>

<Value>IT</Value>

</Values>

<IncludeChildren>True</IncludeChildren>

<IsNoSelectionIncluded>True</IsNoSelectionIncluded>

</ValueListFilterCondition>

</Conditions>

</Filter>

-<ModuleCriteria>

<Module name="Akshaya">4828</Module>

</ModuleCriteria>

</Criteria>

</SearchReport>

1 REPLY 1

JeffLetterman
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

The issue is how the Value is being specified.  Archer is expecting a numeric id of the Value. 

A little trick to get examples of filters or complex configurations is to create a Report in the Archer UI.  Then use the GetSearchOptions method to get the <SearchReport> XML string.  

If you don't want to write the code to call GetSearchOptions, the following tool allows you to enter a Report ID and it will get the <SearchReport> XML string.  You can also build your own <SearchReport> using a wizard:  Archer Search 2.0 tool - A quick way to test and build different SearchReport XML strings using the Web Services ExecuteSearch method

Here is an example using the ValueListFilterCondition.  For complete list of filters, check out Filters.  

<ValueListFilterCondition>
<Field name="Country">161</Field>
<Operator>Contains</Operator>
<IsNoSelectionIncluded>False</IsNoSelectionIncluded>
<Values>
<Value name="United States">254</Value>
</Values>
</ValueListFilterCondition>‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍