Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using REST Service to pull back records

BrianSpeck
Contributor II

Has anyone used the REST service to pull back records either from the report ( I  know in the SOAP service I can "GetRecordsbyReportID", and I am trying to do something similar in the REST service.  Or is there a way I can do a search for records? Specifically I am trying to pull all records based on application ID and return specific fields.

I can pull content in the REST, and I can pull the application.  But not able to pull content based either on report. or by specifying the application.

Thanks

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brian,

The REST API does not contain this functionality today. As you've found, you can return specific content IDs, by not all content by an application ID like you can with SOAP.

My suggestion would be to use the SOAP API to do the work, or use SOAP get a list of Content IDs and then loop on those using a REST call to return the content.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brian,

The REST API does not contain this functionality today. As you've found, you can return specific content IDs, by not all content by an application ID like you can with SOAP.

My suggestion would be to use the SOAP API to do the work, or use SOAP get a list of Content IDs and then loop on those using a REST call to return the content.