Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger data feed from button on application

KaushlendraSing
Contributor II

Hi All -

I was doing some research on RestAPI and came across Jeff Letterman's demo code. It proved to be really helpful.

I needed a little help though. I am trying to initiate a data feed from an application on button click.

I added the details above in the toolbox and the data feeds (referenced) ran beautifully. See below records were created by pressing Run button on the application.

1.jpg

Now, I need to put the same “Run” button functionality (above) on my application “Trigger Feed” button (below). How to go about it?

2.gif

I will really appreciate if you can help us on this.

2 REPLIES 2

jsol5
Advocate II

**Just remember that with a custom object your user(s) either needs access to data feeds or you need to hard code in the user credentials that has access to data feeds (which could be viewed by a savvy end user).

Also, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with end users all having the ability to kick off a data feed when they may do it at the same time or continue to click the button.

So, maybe a data feed power user?  with the button embedded into a permission(ed) iview?

This would limit the ability.

Or, what about just upping the frequency of the data feed?