Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve Advanced Workflow History via API

MargoBrosnan
Advocate

I need to use the API (SOAP or REST) or an SQL query to retrieve the history of button clicks in Advanced Workflow.  I recently added a "Closed Date" to an application and need to populate prior entries.  I'd like to search for the most recent selected action where the action name is "Close" and extract the date of that action.  Is that possible?

We're using version 6.11 P3 if that matters.  TIA.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Aha!  Found it.  If anyone is curious, the table is tblContentWorkflowAudit.

View solution in original post

JeffLetterman
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

When you click the Details link, there may be an internal API call being made to get the info.  Perform an F12 browser trace to capture the network call on click to get the URL, input, and sample output.  Then you can make the API call manually as needed without querying the database.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MargoBrosnan,

Do you have History Log enabled for the module? Then your best bet would be looking into the tblIVContentHistory and tblIVFieldHistory tables. Or dig in all manually and possibly A2A, but some custom XSLT scripting would be needed.

MargoBrosnan
Advocate

The problem is that we only keep one year of history and I'm trying to fill out the closed date for records that closed more than a year ago.   The only place I can see the date is in the AWF details link at the top of the page.  I'm hoping there's a way to pull that with a SQL statement or API call.  I've been looking at the WorkPoint tables to try to find the data I'm looking for, but haven't had any luck yet.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If three is on history log and retention was set as 1 year while your history is longer, then all DB traces gone as well unfortunately. And AWF closed records are removed after certain period of time from DB as well.

MargoBrosnan
Advocate

I'm not looking for the data in the history log, as it's not there.  I want to pull the advanced workflow path details you see when you click the Details link at the top of the page.  These exist until the record is removed from workflow. @JeffLetterman , do you know where this data lives?  Thanks.

MargoBrosnan_0-1686138736772.png

Aha!  Found it.  If anyone is curious, the table is tblContentWorkflowAudit.

JeffLetterman
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

When you click the Details link, there may be an internal API call being made to get the info.  Perform an F12 browser trace to capture the network call on click to get the URL, input, and sample output.  Then you can make the API call manually as needed without querying the database.