Important Update: Community URLs redirect issues are partially resolved. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platform API

Ilya_Khen
Champion III

Hi all,

Statement:

Archer v6.4 SP1 P3.

Platform API.

Question:

If I get it right, platform API is something which is combining both WEB and REST APIs. While old path of using /api and /ws is available, we can do the same requests to /platformapi and Archer would redirect request to relevant nodes based on the request itself?

Also, I did not find documentation on Platform API aside of FFTH.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ilya,

Where did you see a FFTH on Platform API? Was it mine on the Content API and BI Tools? If so, I used "Platform API" there to refer to the existing SOAP and REST APIs collectively, and to distinguish them from the new Content API. Platform APIs do platform things in platform speak; Content API does content things in content speak.

I'm not aware of us having released any kind of new smart endpoint that can route requests to REST or SOAP based on the request to the same endpoint.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ilya,

Where did you see a FFTH on Platform API? Was it mine on the Content API and BI Tools? If so, I used "Platform API" there to refer to the existing SOAP and REST APIs collectively, and to distinguish them from the new Content API. Platform APIs do platform things in platform speak; Content API does content things in content speak.

I'm not aware of us having released any kind of new smart endpoint that can route requests to REST or SOAP based on the request to the same endpoint.

Hi Scott,

I remember this from one of the FFTH we had, when you published new GRC API and PowerBI. And then I noticed that since then several new API points appeared in the RSAarcher web application: api, contentapi, platformapi, ws. 

So, I knew how to utilize api, ws and contentapi, but I have no idea how to use platormapi.

I had some back memory that you said, we can now use platformapi instead of separate calls to REST and WEB APIs, but maybe I mixed things up, so wanted to get confirmation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ilya,

I believe the /platformapi is a new alias for the REST API. In a future release, we may deprecate /api, leaving you with three clear aliases for the three APIs:

• /ws - SOAP API
  • /platformapi - REST API
  • /contentapi - Content API

Hi Scott,

That explains. Thanks! Mind to share the reason for deprecating api? Is it for better clarity and usage purpose?

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's exactly it. It defines the REST API as being for platform purposes, which is vastly different than the content driven purpose of the Content API.

Thanks a lot! Much appreciate!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome. Happy Archering!

Scott, Can you help me understand the difference in REST API(Platform) & Content API?

You need to look at the FFTH of the Content API. It basically translates metadata and provides better readable output. Scott calls it "human output"

FFTH: Content API, BI Tool Integrations, Tableau Web Data Connector Slides 

https://community.rsa.com/docs/DOC-95916