Important Update: Some Community URL Redirects are Under Maintenance. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archer GRC REST Content Help

AndrewPaulson
Contributor II

I am attempting to access Archer exception data via my rest client (Postman). I am able to obtain a session token via the initial login POST, however successive GET calls to contentapi are giving me trouble. On successive calls I receive a 200 OK response message for successful calls, but am shown our company login page instead of the data I requested. I have also checked and ensured anonymous authentication is enabled.

14 REPLIES 14

Makes sense, thank you. So going back to my original issue - The local password gives me a session token, but does not return anything from contentapi (shown in screenshot above). I also receive the following message when trying to login to the UI with my local password, "We were not able to log you on to the system: Unable to validate user account.”

So perhaps some permission/authorization issue?

BodieMinster
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

The page in your response is not an Archer page. It looks like you need to request an exclusion for your APIs from SiteMinder. Should be the /api and /contentapi applications as well as the /ws folder. 

AndrewPaulson
Contributor II

Thanks Bodie, it looks like this may be our issue. We are submitting a change to have /contentapi excluded, and I will keep you posted if this works.

AndrewPaulson
Contributor II

Looks like this was the issue. Thank you for your help!

Now that we have access to security exceptions in contentapi is there a way to return only one exception if specified? Also, is there a recommended way to only return back specific fields from exception(s)? Say I only want to see exception #, description and owner

BodieMinster
Archer Employee
Archer Employee

Yes. If you put the tracking ID of the record in the URL, you can retrieve a single record. For example, https://myhost.com/contentapi/MyApplicationAlias(12345)

I don't know of any way to limit the columns being returned.