Important Update: Some Community URL Redirects are Under Maintenance. Learn More. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archer API: Unable to login with specified credentials

DavidFulmer
Contributor III

One of API developer team wrote the API script to execute the process in one of our applications.  From what we see first time, we received the intermittent issues.

Exception Stacktrace : org.springframework.ws.soap.client.SoapFaultClientException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Unable to login with specified credentials

We do not have an issue with user ID access (username, password and roles), however the issue is that Archer API is not even able to create session token.  Any reason why it is not creating session token?

We are unable to track this in Archer logs for API error calls.  Is there alternative logs we can locate?  Do you have any reason why this is not working?

13 REPLIES 13

Not sure if would cause the issue, "Unable to login with specified credentials".  But would be a factor in terminating the session token if the API account is inactive for that period of time.  The developers should be terminating the session token if the app is done doing what it needs to do.

Advisory Consultant

I have a related question about this... Hypothetical scenario... I was *thinking* of doing multiple javascript data feeds, and each will need to log in to get a token to post a file attachment. So, since Archer only allows one session token per user account at a time, I think this implies that the data feeds can't run concurrently. ... And this would also seem to imply that if an Archer customer had data feeds from other partners that also logged in to call an API, then each of these data feeds would need a separate api-user-account so that the feeds wouldn't "trounce" each other if they happened to run at the same time. So, my questions are (1) Am I understanding this behavior / nuance correctly? (2) Newbie question... is there a way to stagger feeds (other than setting them to run at different times which would seem like a maintenance issue) such that one is dependent on the next (ie, feed 2 can only run after feed 1 completes)?

Thanks!

Eric,

1. Your understanding is absolutely right. 

2. You can have data feeds run one after the other. If the first feed completes, then run the other. You can set this up by selecting "Reference" under the frequency drop-down. And then select the reference data feed in the adjacent drop-down.

Hope this helps..

Yes, if you plan or they can be run simultaneously, you need 1 account per call/feed created.